Monday, April 8, 2013

Have A Seat

Last week while in Charleston, we discovered a fabulous home furnishings store called Acquisitions.
It is chalk full of beautifully upholstered chairs in colorful, pretty fabrics.
Of course, there are sofas and case goods too at Acquisitions, but I happen to have a chair fetish, hence the focus on chairs.

So pull up a chair and enjoy the tour...

Each one caught my eye in different ways.
This little gem is adorable with the buttoned up back and pretty green cut velvet fabric.

I mean, how great is this chair?

We're not talking neutral here.
No, there isn't a whole lot of safe cream linen upholstery.

Although this chair is upholstered in linen, it has a lovely blue print.
Perfect to tuck in a bedroom.

I fell in love with this leather chair for my family room.
They do ship anywhere and everywhere....

I really enjoyed seeing the attention to detail on these chairs.
Notice the contrast piping and button detail....

Notice the quilting on the cushion box front....

This chair caught my eye too with tried and true ticking.
This particular fabric has been around forever and wears like iron.

A fun little chair for my daughter's living room.
Why don't we have furniture stores like this where I live?

Acquisitions is located in Charleston, Charlotte and Atlanta.  For more information, visit the their website here.
Now, if only they would open a store on the west coast!  hint, hint!

 Which one is your favorite?
I'll take that leather one, please!
For more chair inspiration, visit my Pinterest board, "Have A Seat."

Pin It!

15 comments:

Kathysue said...

I agree, nice furniture stores are hard to come by in our area. Loved the striped chair with the quilted detailing on the front of the cushion, I pinned that one!! Fun times,
Kathysue

Sarah said...

Difficult to pick a favorite, but the green striped linen looks really comfy and one I could tuck my feet up in. We have a love affair with chairs here too. Just need a bigger house. Thanks for sharing. Glad you are having a wonderful trip........Sarah

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

They're all beautiful but the red ticking is my favorite! Love the peek of that beautiful chest too!

Cindy said...

You got me with the first red chair! The recession was hard on our furniture stores in California. Now it's all made in China (sorry Living Spaces). Ah, I remember the 90's well! Personally, I have a lamp fetish. Check out sunsetcoasting.blogspot.com!

bec said...

oh I could go crazy there!
I love them all.
Bec x

Woodside Park said...

Hi, Delores -
Thanks for featuring this shop. Definitely gotta visit when we go to Charleston. I love that green lattice-like chair with the botanical pillow. So fresh and perfect for spring. Actually I love all their pillows.
xoxo
Loi

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Great caramel leather...and the green lattice is so pretty, too!

Karena said...

Delores, these are all wonderful and it is the special details and combinations! Love the very last one! The pillow and piping are perfect with it!

Love and Hugs,
Karena
Art by Karena

Unknown said...

Third from the top! Looks so rich!

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Absolutely adore that first and second chair! So fresh and crisp!
have a lovely week
Frances

Rebecca said...

The fourth one down caught MY eye....but I had a good time switching around the fabric and styles of chairs!

So much of choosing would depend on the comfort, of course....

A Toile Tale said...

Delores --
So glad you are enjoying your trip to our neck of the woods! We have an Acquisitions in Atlanta, too, on Miami Circle, which is a great destination area for great design. I always start my search for client's furniture here. It's not so large that they are overwhelmed, but there is a great selection and it is soooooo beautifully displayed. And the best part is that the owners and their staff are delightful.
Linda @ A Toile Tale

-Lisa said...

Hi Delores,
You and this post of yours are certainly not doing anything supportive of my chair obsession!!! You are only enabling me!!

In all seriousness....great post, sounds like a fantastic store. I love the chairs that seem to have the seat on the back of the chair (for example in the 1st & 3rd photo)--very appealing to me.

Thanks for sharing this great store and providing us chair addicts lots of eye candy!
Fondly-Lisa

Marlis said...

You do have the best taste in chairs! Thanks so much for sharing. xo marlis

carolyn bradford said...

I've always loved their shop in Atlanta! Great looking pieces! I loved each one of these chairs…they are so beautiful! I want that leather one!! Thanks for sharing this! Hope you are doing well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails